Sunday, March 13, 2016

Work in Progress Strawberry Garden


This is Strawberry Garden by Blackbird Designs, a chart I have long loved and avoided because of the lazy daisy stitches in it. However not too long ago I saw a great little video on YouTube about them and the rest is history. I still don't think they are the best, but I have at least conquered my fear over them. They really do add to this piece and I have seen it stitched without them.  I am stitching this on 32 count R&R Reproductions alabaster linen with Classic Colorworks threads. The threads are so vibrant and pretty! 



I am finally getting some framing done and I had this Blackbird piece framed. It's Hannah Lovina Joslin from the Honeysuckle Manor book. I changed the name and dedicated it to my maternal grandmother. It's very special to me! I had one more small piece to show you. But I seem to be having trouble posting it. I am waiting for more framing to coming back...more of Blackbird designs. I can't wait to show you!  I hope your week is off to a great start!